I was recently asked by a female patient for advice on what she should be doing on a daily basis for her general health. Tough question – there are so many things you could do to improve your health naturally! For starters, I would say that in addition to eating well, exercising, getting the proper rest, and de-stressing:
1) Take a general multi-vitamin with minerals supplement on a daily basis, making sure you have EPA/.DHA and other Omega Fatty Acids each day.
2) Take digestive enzymes at every meal. This helps absorb the nutrients and provide energy, detoxify the body. A clean healthy digestive system is one of the best ways to support your immune system.
3) Take probiotics at night.
4) Drink Alkaline mineral water each day. The alkalinity helps bring oxygen to the cells and improves overall health. Divide your weight in pounds by half and that number is how many ounces of water you need to drink each day.
5) Take extra Vitamin C to fight inflammation, infection and help detoxify.
Do your research on brands. For supplements and vitamins, research adsorption rates and look for sources from foods. For water, be sure you know the source of the water and that it does not have flouride and other chemicals added.
Guys–don’t feel left out. My next post will be on men’s health. Sat Nam!